A NEW SWEDEN is built to be accountable to the planet without compromising the quality of our garments. Our commitment to sustainability is continuous, we are constantly looking at ways to improve.
At this point of our journey:
- We follow all 17 Sustainable Development Goals set up by UN.
- We own our products from cradle to cradle.
- The sheep that provide our wool are well cared for, and are not subject to mulesing or sheep dip. They have expansive space to roam, and are encouraged to socialise.
- Every line we produce is designed and made to last lifetimes. We commit to repairing the garments for life, at no cost.
- We take back garments when our customers no longer want them to turn into new products.
- All our garments are 100% biodegradable. From fabric, to thread, to buttons, everything returns to the earth as nutrients.
- Our packaging is entirely recyclable and biodegradable.
- We use only materials, treatments and processes that have the least impact on the environment and human health.
- We work mainly with natural materials that would otherwise be discarded, reducing wastage.
- With a local supply chain, we have minimal environmental impact as a result of transportation, and we use only carbon neutral shipping methods.
- All our suppliers have similar commitments to sustainability, by using renewable energy and avoiding harmful chemicals.
- We waste nothing in our production process. Fabric scraps are collected to make complimentary products such as accessories and homewares.
- We spread knowledge and awareness among production partners and the public about the impact textile production has on the environment.
- We produce in accordance to circular principles.
For more detail about the steps we take to ensure sustainability, read our commitment.